Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

  Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To participate, head over there and find out the weekly theme.
  This week I am listing my top ten favorite quotes from books I have read in the past year (or so). I have read a lot of great quotes in a lot of great book, so it will be fun to get to share them here with everyone! There are in no particular order. All books will be linked to Goodreads.
  1. “Sunshine, if I ever disappear, please tell people that I ran after the Devil, trying to get my soul back.” Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke 
  2. “Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale.” The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
  3. “I wanted to let the world know that no one had a perfect life, that even the people who seemed to have it all had their secrets.” The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  4. “She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  5. “But then, maybe “I don’t believe in you” is the cruelest way to kill a monster.” White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi
  6. “That’s how fear grows. When you keep it locked inside and never let it out, it starts to eat you alive.” Nightmares by Jason Segel
  7. “Hours of crisis often call for sacrifice. In matters of consequence, when have doubt and fear given the best advice? Why not heed faith, courage, and honor?” Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  8. “Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.” Asylum by Madeleine Roux
  9. “Adult life is terrible, Hazel. Never grow up.” Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
  10. “Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their true image.”  Psych's Guide to Crime Fighting for the Totally Unqualified by Shawn Spencer (James Roday) (For those who don't know, I am a HUGE Psych-O. I've seen every episode like a million times. It is my favorite show ever.)
  So there is my list! I enjoyed all of these books and am glad that I get to share some of the amazing quotes from them. If you enjoyed the quotes, I highly recommend checking out the books! Let me know in the comments what some of your favorite quotes from books are or leave the URL to your list.
Happy Reading,
  Miranda Kae

No comments:

Post a Comment



Happy Reading,
Miranda Kae