Monday, October 26, 2015

15 Books I Feel Guilty Admitting I Have Never Read

  There are a ton of classic books out there that I have never had the pleasure of reading. I always feel guilty admitting that I haven't gotten around to reading them. I only attended one year of high school before I decided to get my GED, so I didn't get the chance to read most of these books in school like a lot of people. I definitely want to get around to reading this list, and I am hoping to get a lot of them finished when I start my English and literature courses for college. Until then, here is the list of books I am ashamed to admit I have never read.


  1. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl Yes, admittedly, I have never read the diary of Anne Frank. This is one I didn't get the opportunity to read in school because I only attended one year of high school.
  2. Lord of the Flies by William Golding I know..
  3. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck Trust me, I know! 
  4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen I'm ashamed, I really am.
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee I am such a bad bibliophile. 
  6. Call of the Wild by Jack London I don't even have an excuse here. I was assigned this book in school, I just never read it.
  7. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger I know, I know, I know!
  8. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame I have seen the Disney cartoon, does that count? 
  9. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens I have read some Dickens, just not this one.
  10. Moby Dick by Herman Melville I did try to read this before, but it was before I was old enough to enjoy it. I need to try again.
  11. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens Another Dickens I haven't read.
  12. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain I have read Huckleberry Finn though!
  13. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott Another classic I need to get to.
  14. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley For shame
  15. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling Okay, I left this one for last because I know a lot of people will gasp at this one. Yes, I've never read Harry Potter. I did start reading the first book when I was in second grade, but my brother got mad because it was his copy and he didn't want to share. There was never a copy available at the library during that time, so I just sort of moved on. I never came back to it. I know I need to, I just haven't.
  So there it is! My shameful list of books that I need to read. I have added them all to my Goodreads TBR list while I made this list. That way I have them staring me in the face to remind me that I need to get to them. Are there any books that you feel guilty admitting to never having read? Feel free to share in the comments or tweet me about them @ohkaereader. 

~Miranda Kae

No comments:

Post a Comment



Happy Reading,
Miranda Kae